advanta credit card is a scam.I first opened the account with their intoductory offer , only offrered to new suckers, at o% interest and then 7.9% sounds great!!!

its all bull.In the subsequent months they informed me that they were changing their policy and increasing my rate to 17%. then when i missed the payment by one day they jacked me up to 35% . this bank sucks and that why this counrty is stugulling with greedy corporations that use boarderline usary rates to keep you stuck in the rat race . they suck you in at these very attractive rates and then jack you up to 35% interest if you are late only one time.

Stay away from this cheesey crappy scamming greedy bs bank they are corporate thiefs!!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Advanta Bank?

Comments

I have an Advanta Credit Card.

I am self employed and up until the last year had a 710 credit rating.

My customers are paying late due to the recession, or not at all.

Some are in over 60 days late and when they do manage to pay, they refuse to pay late fees.

I've spoken to Advanta, in good faith, sent them small payments as often as possible. Last payment was $50.00 and was less than two weeks ago. They want their full payment and want it NOW. I haven't enough money to pay my mortgages because no one is buying. The recession killing me.

I don't know whether to combine my credit cards, try working payments with creditors, or etc.

Advanta called and I returned their call last week. The counselsor told me I had till the 17th of Feb. to pay a certain amount and I would not go delinquent. She called back today, Feb. 4 and said they needed payment NOW! They were going to lower my APR to 21.9. Dah. It's at 29.9 NOW. I sent a letter to Advanta (where I make my payments), Made three payments (in good faith), and tonight some man got on the phone and told me I had no choice but to pay or they would come after me. I have high Blood pressure and I got very upset. I felt like I was going to stroke out. He was not understanding. He kept saying "this is not personal, lady". He didn't want to hear that I was self employed and how bad the economy is. I am alone and I'm scared to death. If anyone can tell me who to contact I will be...

I think Advanta needs government control.

LET US JOIN TOGETHER IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! EVERY CUSTOMER THAT HAS DELT WITH ADVANTA CORP.THEY ARE HURTING AND DESPERITE.FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE JUSTICE DEPT.